Creative excellence is a baseline, not a finish line.
Yes we want our work to look incredible and make an impact on audiences, but we’re also interested in the process behind the film. How was the experience for the crew and talent who actually made it possible?
We’re often told that Boldly productions just feel different. They simply feel…nice. What was once just our way of doing things has now become a repeatable model that we’ve coined Values-Based Producing.
These are the guiding principles:
- Lead with a culture of care.
- Unite creative people who value diverse, inclusive, and positive working environments.
- Empower new and underrepresented voices.
- Listen wholeheartedly; inspire empathy.
- Respect boundaries and support work life balance.
- Prioritize safety and communication.
- Drive solutions. Leave egos at the door.
- Commit to creative integrity.
- Recognize the contributions of every individual; film is a collective effort.
- Foster a connected community of agencies, brands, and filmmakers.
It’s remarkable how unremarkable it is.
This approach is not ground-breaking or some big secret. It’s just common sense; it’s just good business.
We’re not perfect, but we are intentional. We do our best to imbue our sets with empathy, care and a sense of community.
The cumulative effect is tangible: the best production environment attracts the best talent who care deeply about creating powerful work. Plus, everyone gets to feel good while doing it.
Have ideas, thoughts, or questions about Values-Based Producing? Reach out to us and we’d be happy to chat! Together let’s build a happier, healthier, more connected community of filmmakers.
Join Club Boldly to hear more about our ValuesSubscribe